What are the distances from the cruise piers to various sights in Skagen?
- Skagens Museum - Art museum1.4 miles / 2,2 km
- Anchers Hus1.5 miles / 2.5 km
- Drachmanns Hus0.6 mile / 1.0 km
- Grenen 3.1 miles / 5.0 km
- The Buried Church2.7 miles / 4.4 km
- Kystmuseet Skagen / Skagen’s Museum of Local History. 0.6 mile / 1.0 km
- Skagen Odde Naturcenter2.9 miles / 4.7 km
- Raabjerg Mile – Sand Dunes10.5 miles / 17 km
- The Marina Area 1 mile / 1.6 km
- Pedestrian Street/town centre 1 mile / 1.6 km
How do we get around in Skagen – busses, taxis, bike rental?
Grenen Bus service runs from the town centre to Grenen. Pick up a schedule and buy your ticket in the information at the cruise pier or on the bus.
Taxi: Please ask the staff at the information desk to call one for you.
You can rent bicycles right at the cruise pier next to the information building.
If you want to book bicycles prior to arrival, please contact the bike rental shop - Skagen Bike Rental on email. firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone +45 98 44 25 28.
You can also visit their website: www.fribikerental.dk
Do you have guest information at the cruise piers?
Yes, at both cruise piers you will find guest information, as well as restrooms. At Krydstogtkajen – the largest cruise pier – there are also souvenir shops and showroom.
What about free WIFI?
Port of Skagen offers free WIFI at Pier no 9. (Krydstogtkajen). Visit the information to find information on how to connect.
What are the opening hours for the shops in Skagen?
- Super markets – Regular opening hours 8 am-10 PM
- Other shops – Regular opening hours 10 am-5.30 pm
- Please note that on cruise days many shops open at approx. 9 am.
Do shops accept credit cards, EUR and USD?
Credit cards are accepted everywhere – a few exceptions might occur though, e.g. the Sand Worm.
EUR and USD are accepted almost everywhere.
Local currency – Danish Kroner – DKK
Do you offer free city maps?
Yes, free Cruise Skagen city maps are handed out to all guests coming off ship by our welcome crew right next to the gangway. Download Map
Currency exchange and ATMs
Currency exchange is offered at both cruise piers – at the guest information. Note that the currency exchange is only from foreign currency into Danish Kroner.
In the Cruise Skagen city map the locations of the ATMs in Skagen are shown. There are no ATMs at the cruise piers.